Next round of Family Medicine Seminar Series announced
Mount Nittany Medical Center, in collaboration with the Penn State College of Medicine Department of Family and Community Medicine, is proud to announce the next round of the Family Medicine Seminar Series.
- July 20, 2017: Fighting Obesity through the Years, presented by Michelle Shippert, DO, Family Medicine and Obesity Medicine, private practice at Oasis Lifecare, State College, Pa.
- August 17, 2017: POLSTs, Living Wills, POAs, and Pennsylvania Law: Interpreting Advance Care Documentation in the Acute Setting, presented by Susan Glod, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
- September 21, 2017: Childhood Traumatic Stress – Causes, Effects, & Best Practices, presented by Peter Montiminy, PhD, State College, Pa.
- October 19, 2017: Pennsylvania’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program: What you need to know, presented by Lauren Hughes, MD, MPH, MSc, FAAFP, Deputy Secretary for Health Innovation, Pennsylvania Department of Health, Harrisburg, Pa.
- November 16, 2017: Mindful Practice, presented by Timothy Riley, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Penn State Hershey, Hershey, Pa.
Each Family Medicine Seminar Series is held in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center. A buffet dinner will be held at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee, with the presentation following at 6:30 pm. To learn more, visit mountnittany.org.