Meet the newest providers at Mount Nittany Health
Get to know the newest providers at Mount Nittany Health who are ready to care for you and your family.
- “Patients can understandably be nervous when they visit the office,” shares Sara Marker, LPN, patient care coordinator, Mount Nittany Health Breast Care Center. “It’s my job to make sure they feel comfortable asking questions and talking through their concerns. It’s important that they know they are heard.” Mount Nittany Health’s Breast Care Center, located within Mount Nittany Health – Park Avenue at 1850 East Park Avenue, Suite 105 in State College, offers comfort, convenience and compassion for breast imaging needs, including digital mammograms, breast ultrasounds, breast MRI interpretation, needle localizations and biopsies. For more information, visit mountnittany.org or call 814.234.6106.
- Jason Goldberg, DO, recently joined Mount Nittany Health’s Center for Wound Care. “Each patient deserves an individualized approach to care. It is my duty to treat the patient first, not just the condition,” says Goldberg. “Having the opportunity to see the care you provide directly improve the health of a patient is what makes practicing medicine truly worthwhile.”
- Kimberly Kavanagh, PA-C, Mount Nittany Physician Group Internal Medicine, “Being able to help a patient in their healthcare journey, and knowing that I’ve made a positive difference in their health is what motivates me as a provider,” says Kavanagh. “I strongly believe in involving patients in their own care. Empowering someone to participate in such an important part of their life has always been my practice.” Kavanagh sees patients at Mount Nittany Health – Park Avenue.
- Jennifer Illig, PA-C, Mount Nittany Physician Group Cardiology, will manage the new heart failure program. “Getting to know the patients and making their health a priority is my number one goal,” shares Illig. The new heart failure program at Mount Nittany Physician Group Cardiology is dedicated to helping patients who are living with heart failure. The program provides those patients with education and support to manage concerns like symptoms, medication and overall health and wellness.
- “I want my patients to have a voice in their healthcare journey and to provide them with the information they need to make healthy, individualized decisions. Practicing preventative medicine is also important to me,” says Samantha Cottrill, CRNP, Mount Nittany Physician Group OB/GYN. Cottrill sees patients at Mount Nittany Health – Park Avenue.
- Matthew Hazey, MD, joined Mount Nittany Physician Group Dermatology. “As a healthcare provider, listening to the patient and being a shared decision maker in their care is my focus, so Mount Nittany Physician Group’s patient-centered approach fits perfectly with my own philosophy of care,” says Dr. Hazey. Dr. Hazey sees patients at Mount Nittany Health – Park Avenue.
- On January 1, Mount Nittany Health was pleased to welcome longtime healthcare partner, Martin & Suhey Orthopedics, as Mount Nittany Physician Group Orthopedics. The addition of Martin & Suhey Orthopedics is just another way that Mount Nittany Health continues its mission to make people healthier by providing high quality, convenient healthcare to the region.
Mount Nittany Health recently welcomed two new executives to the leadership team.
- Damon D. Sorenson, MBA, brings more than 30 years of healthcare finance and operations experience to his position as the health system’s Executive Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services. “Healthcare in Pennsylvania – and nationwide – is transforming rapidly, including major policy and economic shifts,” says Sorensen. “Mount Nittany Health’s commitment to our patients, employees and the community, combined with a focus on fiscal responsibility and transparency, will put us is a strong position to meet the changing needs of those we serve.”
- “Our people are what make Mount Nittany Health special,” says Audra C. Farish, JD, MBA, Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Organizational Development. “I look forward to nurturing our strengths in employee relations and engaging our team members in professional and personal development opportunities. I’m excited to be a part of both the legacy and the future of this organization.” With more than 17 years of healthcare experience, Farish brings with her substantial human resources knowledge, including extensive executive leadership experience in large healthcare organizations. Her areas of expertise include strategic planning and execution, leadership development, organizational development and employee relations.
To stay up-to-date on the newest members of our team, visit mountnittany.org.