Meet the newest providers at Mount Nittany Health
- Lauren DelGrosso, PA-C, joined the Mount Nittany Physician Group Hospitalist Program. Hospitalists are specially trained healthcare providers that care for patients needing inpatient care. They ensure that patients receive needed tests and procedures, closely following their treatment plan. Additionally, hospitalists work with patients’ primary care providers to help transition patients home after their hospital stay. “My philosophy of care has always been to listen to my patients and what they need and expect from their care,” says DelGrosso. “I want to do what’s best for each person as an individual, treating them the way I would want to be treated.”
- Chase Cohron, CRNP, joined the Mount Nittany Physician Group Intensivist Program. Intensivists are critical care healthcare providers trained and experienced in treating complex health issues, averting complications for patients under intensive care. Intensivists coordinate with other specialists and communicate with the patient’s primary care physician to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care during their stay in the intensive care unit at Mount Nittany Medical Center. “Practicing in the critical care setting is my passion,” says Cohron. “Working with each patient to provide the best care for them in a crucial moment is what I was called to do.”
- Mount Nittany Physician Group Internal Medicine welcomed Brittany Smith, PA-C, this spring. “Building a positive relationship with my patients is so important,” says Smith. “Having trust in one another is vital in navigating the healthcare journey.” Brittany see patients at Mount Nittany Health – Blue Course Drive.
- “Helping patients at their most vulnerable is a privilege and a responsibility I’m proud to share with our surgical team,” shares Katie Armold, PA-C, Mount Nittany Physician Group General Surgery. “Witnessing the recovery process – seeing that patient come full circle, as their health and quality of life improves – it’s why I do what I do.” Katie sees patients at Mount Nittany Health – University Drive.
- Mount Nittany Health is pleased to announce that Craig Collison, MD, pediatrician, will begin seeing pediatric patients at the Mount Nittany Physician Group Family Medicine practice at Mount Nittany Health – Penns Valley, effective August 1, 2019. Adding a pediatrician to the family medicine practice will improve access to pediatric care in the Penns Valley area, making quality healthcare available to patients where it’s convenient to them.
CANCER CARE PARTNERSHIP, a partnership between Mount Nittany Health and Penn State Cancer Institute, recently welcomed Marianne Dietrick-Gallagher, MSN, RN, MBA, as interim administrative director. “I’m absolutely delighted to be here, working with a team of such passionate and dedicated professionals,” says Marianne. “While furthering my education and career, I missed my clinical roots in oncology nursing. Being able to work in this leadership role in such a patient- and family-focused environment is very rewarding.” CANCER CARE PARTNERSHIP provides personalized care for outpatient hematology, medical oncology and infusion services.
To stay up-to-date Mount Nittany Health news, visit mountnittany.org.