Become a volunteer
Apply to join our team of volunteers if:
- You are a dependable person with a sincere desire to help others
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You can commit to at least two shifts per month. Shifts are typically three to four hours in length at specified times
Steps to Become a Volunteer
The process of becoming a volunteer involves several steps:
- Complete and submit the online volunteer application
- Interview (30 minutes), to be scheduled by a member of the volunteer resources team
- Selected volunteers must complete a volunteer onboarding process including:
- Providing proof of immunizations
- Completing all applicable background checks
- Attending a one-hour orientation
- Training sessions with experienced volunteers (length depends on service location)
To start your volunteer journey, complete your online volunteer application here.
Questions about the process to become a volunteer should be directed to Wendy Garlock, volunteer resources and events manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814.234.7679; or Alyssa Fenton, volunteer resources and events coordinator, at email@example.com or 814.278.4623.